Real Estate and Conveyancing
Our lawyers have in-depth knowledge of land and property regulations in Ethiopia. We also have extensive experience conducting limited due diligence on properties, advising on the acquisition and disposal of assets, structuring joint venture agreements for the purposes of real estate development as well as processing the transfer of titles.
We work to ensure properties purchased or developed are fully compliant, and have the necessary approvals and permits to ensure a safe transaction for our clients.
Our services include:
- Conducting legal due diligence investigation on properties including conducting the necessary searches at the land register;
- Conducting KYC due diligence on Joint Venture partners;
- Drafting the necessary transactional documents like Memorandum of Understanding, Term Sheet, and Share Purchase Agreements, for a real estate joint venture investment;
- Drafting property sale and purchase agreements;
- Advise on the structuring and tax consequence of transactions;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial lease agreements;
- Issuing legal opinion on the validity of title to properties; and
- Advising on and processing the issuance of title deeds.