Hospitality and Leisure
Ethiopia, which is the seat of the African Union is also home to Ethiopian Airlines, Africa’s largest airline. With visa on arrival, an option for all African Union citizens and some countries, Ethiopia is also a must-see on any travel bucket list due to its diverse cultures, flora and fauna, and countless historic sights.
Our lawyers have advised international hotel brands on management and consultancy agreements with local partners, negotiated brand deals, and advised on the regulatory framework for the operation of hotels, resorts, and lodges in Ethiopia.
Our services include:
- Conducting KYC due diligence on potential partners;
- Drafting and negotiating management, technical and consultancy agreements;
- Advising on the legal requirements of establishing a hospitality and leisure business in Ethiopia;
- Registering and defending intellectual property rights of international hospitality brands;
- Advising on the incorporation of a project office or a subsidiary in Ethiopia; and
- Providing a full package of post-registration and/or incorporation legal services to hospitality and leisure clients in Ethiopian jurisdiction.