Ethiopian Charities and Societies regulation has undergone significant reforms enabling foreign organizations to work on areas like the advancement of human and democratic rights, conflict resolution, and reconciliation that were previously restricted for foreign organizations. Still, charities and societies in Ethiopia continue to be very strictly regulated. Charities need to be aware of the general legal framework relating to charities and the applicable restrictions and obligations that need to be met to operate in a legally compliant manner in Ethiopia.
Clients will benefit from our in-depth knowledge and experience in understanding key challenges in the sector and how best to resolve such challenges. We leverage our expertise in tax, employment, and other matters to provide a full suite of services to our NGO clients.
Our services include:
- Advising clients on the legal and regulatory environment surrounding NGOs in Ethiopia’
- Advising on the registration requirements for foreign and local NGOs;
- Drafting and preparing the necessary documentation required for the purposes of registration in Ethiopia;
- Processing the registration of both local and foreign NGOs, including registration of regional offices of international NGOs;
- Drafting and negotiating framework agreements and exemptions;
- Providing post-transaction care to our clients on all matters legal and regulatory.