Intellectual Property and Technology
Our lawyers have breadth of experience undertaking a wide range of contentious and non-contentious intellectual property work. We register, manage and enforce IP rights in Ethiopia.
In the area of technology law, we help clients understand jurisdictional issues and ensure the operation of their businesses in a legally compliant manner.
Our services include:
- Trademark, copyright and patent registrations, renewals and recordals;
- Advising on and registering trademark licensing and assignment agreements;
- Trademark and copyright litigations before the Ethiopian Intellectual Property Authority’s Tribunal and Federal Courts;
- Advising clients on Ethiopian Telecom laws;
- Advising on the emerging E-commerce laws of Ethiopia;
- Data protection, privacy and security;
- Drafting, reviewing and registering technology transfer agreements;
- Drafting and reviewing franchising agreements;