The complex suite of negotiations and agreements establishing joint venture partnership between foreign private equity firms and local entrepreneurs require knowledgeable lawyers who can help clients establish trust and build strategic partnerships that are mutually beneficial for the JV partners. Our lawyers have a wealth of experience advising and representing private equity and venture capital investors as well as local entrepreneurs.
Our services include:
- Conducting jurisdictional legal due diligence for private equity firms eyeing investment opportunities in Ethiopia;
- Conducting buyer side or vendor side legal due diligence;
- Drafting and negotiating term sheets, LOIs, and NDAs with potential local partners;
- Facilitating cordial relationships during negotiations between new and existing investors by highlighting the values of strategic business partnerships;
- Drafting and negotiating share purchase and shareholder agreements and concluding the agreements on behalf of clients;
- Following up completion of all closing conditions of transactional documents, including executing all compliance actions for protecting investment and intellectual property rights of new investors;
- Working with JV partners towards a smooth transition to a new partnership business culture, including, where required, conducting training towards successful transition;
- Providing post-transaction care to our clients on all matters legal and regulatory.